Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hood River. anniversarydos!



Although our 2nd anniversary was nearly 4 months ago, Leah and I finally took our overnight vacation to Hood River this weekend. Hood River is such a beautiful little town located on the edge of the Columbia River. We had somewhat of a rare view from our hotel window where we could see snow lining the hills of the Colombia Gorge, due to some late March snow that Western Oregon has had.
We spent a lovely Friday night and Saturday roaming around Hood River looking for windsurfers, picture opportunities, and reading together in a local coffee shop. On our way back we drove along the Historic Columbia Highway and were caught up in a serious storm, which put an end to any plans of hiking or taking pictures. This explains the 2nd picture which is of Multnomah falls, taken through our car window because the storm was too fierce. The 1st picture is a tree in the gorge which shows the effects of constant wind.
Our night away reminded me to take time to get away with Leah more often. I had so much fun with my lovely wife and it was so refreshing to step away from all the homework and the work, and just spend time building a deeper friendship and adventuring. These times remind me of how easy it is for me to take Leah for granted, and how wonderful she is. I am such a lucky man to get to spend the rest of my life with such a beautiful and dear friend. Thanks for everything Leah, I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaghhh! Bryan, you're such a romantic. Too bad about the storm, but what is the NW without a little rain? Looks like you at least got to enjoy the NW's answer to rain: indoor coffee. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! ;) Mike and I will be celebrating 2 yrs. in July as well....awwww.